IMBB #17 – Tea – Green Tea Shrimp & Almonds
This month’s IMBB event is hosted by A la Cuisine, featuring tea as ingredient.
Tonight we had a fabulous dinner with
Prawns with Green Jasmine Tea and Almonds
What you need:
- 2 teaspoons green jasmine tea (flavored with jasmine flowers, green leaf tea)
- 2 oz almonds, blanched (& peeled)
- 1 lb black tiger shrimps / prawns, peeled & deveined
- 2 dried red chile pods, Asian
- 4 scallions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
Sprinkle the shrimps with some salt, massage salt into the shrimp, then rinse thoroughly. Drain and pat dry.
Quarter the white part of the scallions lengthwise, chop green part into approx. 1 inch pieces. Prepare the tea leavex with about 4 fl. oz of water.
Heat both oils in a wok or large pan, fry almonds in the wok until golden, the transfer to a small bowl with a slotted spoon. Make sure the oil is really hot, then add the chile pods and the shrimp, stir-fry until the shrimp have turned red. Add the white part of the scallions, garlic and ginger, and stir. Meanwhile, strain the tea – keep both tea and leaves at hand.
Add tea leaves and green parts of the scallions, stir and sprinkle with some of the liquid tea until everything ist just evenly moistened.
Serve with steamed rice.