Amaretti Chocolate CakeDieser Artikel wurde zuletzt am 22. Juni 2014 aktualisiert
A very simple yet elegant no-bake chocolate mousse cake. The recipe was printed in OLIVE magazine courtesy of The Tommyfield in London, where this is served as one of the fav desserts of the customers.
Amaretti chocolate cake
- 125 g amaretti biscuits, crushed,vplus extra to crumble on top
- 125 g digestive biscuits
- 75 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 30 cardamom pods, crushed
- 175 ml whole milk
- 400 g 75% dark chocolate
- 1 shot espresso (30ml)
- 800 ml double cream
- 4 tsp icing sugar (optional)
- Put half the amaretti biscuits and all of the digestive biscuits in a bowl and add the softened butter, mix well. Line the bottom of a 25 cm loose-based cake or tart tin with baking parchment, add the biscuit mix, press down into the base and leave to set.
- Add the cardamom pods to the milk. Bring to the boil and simmer until reduced by half.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl set over (but not in) simmering water, add the espresso shot and stir in. Strain the cardamom pods from the milk and
- slowly mix the milk into the chocolate.
- Lightly whip the double cream (stopping just before the cream reaches soft peaks). Fold the cream into the chocolate mix, stir in the remaining amaretti biscuits. Add icing sugar to taste. Pour over the base and leave to set somewhere cool for approx 2 hours.
- Dust with icing sugar and crumble over a single amaretto to serve.
A rich and decadent treat which is easy to make.